Gala Celebration of Cape Fear Regional Community Development Corporation
We are grateful to our event sponsors
The board of directors and staff of the Cape Fear Regional Community Development Corporation, Inc. celebrated our 25th Anniversary of providing housing, community and economic development services in the greater Cape Fear Region. We are proud of the services we have provided over the past 25 years and shared with you our past, present and future.
The 25th Anniversary Celebration was held at the Terraces at Sir Tyler on Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 5:15 reception, with a 6:30 pm dinner catered by Keith Rhodes of Catch Restaurant.
Cape Fear Regional Community Development Corporation (CFRCDC) is a non-profit organization formed in 1989 and located in Wilmington, North Carolina. Our mission is providing information, education and counseling related to home ownership and entrepreneurship for low and moderate income residents of New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender, Bladen, Columbus, Onslow, Duplin, Sampson and Robeson counties. We also facilitate and administer community and economic development programs in cooperation with other community organizations and local units of government.
Over our 25 year history we have:
- Constructed 25 new, affordable homes which have been sold to lower income families
- Completed comprehensive or urgent housing rehabilitation repairs for 151 lower income families
- Assisted over 700 families to avoid foreclosure and keep their homes
- Supported over 60 small businesses through our business incubator
- Acquired 20 foreclosed and abandoned homes, 12 of which have been rehabilitated and sold or rented to lower and moderate income families
In commemoration of this milestone, we raised funds from financial institutions and friends to enhance and expand our services to families of the Cape Fear region. Thanks to all of our donors for your generous support!!!